1. Conditions for publication
1.1. Publications fee is established by editorial office. Payment of funds is carried out by invoice sent to the author only after completion of review process of the article by the editorial office of the journal and after recommendation to print. Maximum payment for 1 article is 500 UAH.
1.2. Publication of articles of foreign authors is free of charge. Editorial office does not make payments to the authors for providing and posting articles on pages of edition.
1.3. In some cases, a free publication of articles that contain significant scientific achievements is carried out (by the decision of the editorial board).
1.4. Editorial office offers a flexible discount system for regular contributors.
1.5. Received articles are reviewed by editorial board of the journal or by other reviewers (by the decision of the editor in chief).
1.6. Scientific articles of the journal subscribers have a priority right of publication.
2. Types of articles
2.1. The journal accepts articles in Ukrainian and English.
2.2. Full-length articles or reviews can have 10-20 typewritten pages of text (20-40 thousand of printed symbols). Their aim is to inform scientists about the most important fundamental investigations.
2.3. Brief reports should have 6-10 pages of text (12-20 thousand of printed symbols).
3. Requirements for articles
3.1. The article should be of high quality from a scientific point of view and should be consistent with the general direction of the journal.
3.2. The volume number of article should not exceed 20 typewritten pages of text (40 thousand including spaces (number of symbols you can see in the program WORD Service-Statistics).
3.3. At the time of submitting an article should not be published or put into print in other mass media.
3.4. All abbreviations should be deciphered.
3.5. Authors are responsible for the verification of statistical and other data, sources, citations, etc.
4. Preparation of the manuscript for publication
4.1. For publication of the article in the journal, the information should be sent to editorial office e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in separate files:
a) author’s profile in language of submitted article (in Ukrainian) and in English:
- full name of the author(s) completely;
- academic degree, position and place of work/study (full name and abbreviation);
- work address (with postal code);
- contact phone number;
- fax number with city code;
- e-mail address;
- name of the article;
Questionnaire sample is attached.
b) the article is printed with a photo of the author, which must be sent to the editorial office in a separate file in electronic form (in image format . jpg, digital or scanned at least 300 dpi, of good quality, can be informal , of not less than 800 KB, of size 10x12 cm);
4.2. The manuscript should be sent only by e-mail.
- A4 paper format (210x297 mm);
- all brims - 20 mm;
- letter format - 14 pt. Font - Times New Roman;
- line spacing - sesquialteral;
- indentation - 1.5;
- graphic material should be done in the available for editing applications: tables – in Microsoft Word; diagrams – in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Graph; pictures – in the form of organizational diagrams using the drawing panel of Microsoft Word; mathematical formulas – in equation editor Microsoft Equation (3.0);
- files should be stored in the program Microsoft Word 97-2003.
4.4. Annotations in language of written article (in Ukrainian) and in English. Annotation in original language (up to 200 words). Extended annotation in English (Abstract) should be prepared in accordance with international scientometric databases (300 - 500 words) [requirements for annotations in English]. Abstract should be inserted in the article text and should be sent in a separate file with Ukrainian original. During calculating the cost of publication, annotations will not be counted.
4.5. Several (3-5) keywords to the article in original language and in English.
4.6. Manuscripts will not be returned.
5. Structure of the article
5.1. UDC, full name of the author (co-authors), academic degree, academic status, position (in English specify only the name of the organization that relates to the notion of legal entity, don’t mention the name of the department, laboratory or other structural unit within the organization), e-mail, title of the article, annotation (brief abstracts in Ukrainian and Russian (up to 200 words). Extended abstract in English (Abstract) should be prepared in accordance with international scientometric databases (300-500 words). For articles in English – extended abstract should be presented in Russian), keywords (up to five) – everything should be in separate blocks in Ukrainian, Russian and in English.
5.2. Main sections:
- problem definition (description of the problem being analyzed, in general form and its relationship with important scientific or practical tasks);
- analysis of recent researches and publications (which show the problems solution and upon which relied an author, the allocation of unsolved aspects of the general problem, to which the article is dedicated);
- the purpose of the article;
- methods of investigation (should be described in the case of the existence of novelty in it and its interest in terms of the presented article);
- results of investigation (with full justification of obtained scientific results);
- conclusions (results of the investigation and prospects of further research in this direction, conclusion should be consistent with the objective);
- references. The references of the used materials of the actual and statistical data are required (are given in the text in chronological order as a figure in brackets; literature – at the end of the article). References in section “Analysis of recent researches and publications” (as a separate group) are required and in the text of the article on the works of foreign authors (their last names in Ukrainian, and in brackets in italics – in English). List of references should consist of two parts: 1) “Література” – references in original language, formed in accordance with Ukrainian standards of bibliographic description (Form 23, approved by HAC of Ukraine on March, 3rd, 2008 № 147 ), 2) References – the same sources, but in English, formed in accordance with International bibliographic standards [requirements to References]. All statistical data must be supported by references to sources. All citations should end with references to sources. References to books and non-fiction literature are optional. Links to your own publications are optional and allowed in case of urgent need. If in the literature review or in the text you refer to the name of the scientist – his publication should be in the general list of literature after the article. Secondary citation is not allowed! If you quote Petrov I.I. – the reference should be exactly to work of Petrov I.I., not to the author, who read Petrov I.I.;
- all structural sections in the text should be in bold.
6. Features of typing symbols, figures, formulas
6.1. If it’s possible, typing of formulas should be simplified, simple fractional expressions should be written in a single line using slash, don’t leave in the formulas unnecessary multiplication signs. It is desirable to enumerate only those formulas for which references exist.
6.2. Latin letters in math formulas are typed in italics.
6.3. Mathematical signs of actions and correlations should be separated from adjacent symbols.
6.4. Should be a clear distinction between uppercase and lowercase letters. It should be clearly distinguished between O (the letter) and 0 (zero), 1 (one) and I (“Roman one” or the letter “i”), l (Latin “el”).
6.5. Designation of centuries should be written in Roman figures (XIX century).
7.1. Pictures, graphs, schemes should be made clearly. Size of one picture – less than A4 size. It is necessary to minimize the explanation on the picture, transfering them into caption. All details of the pictire after its reduction should be well distinguished.
7.2. Photos should have a contrast image and should be in electronic form.
7.3. All illustrations are numbered by single serial numbering and are provided by concise and accurate captions. The illustrations should have references in the text.
8.1. Tables should be used only to represent data that couldn’t be described in the text. Words in the tables should be written fully, hyphens should be placed correctly.
9. Units of measurement, denotements
9.1. All dimensions of physical quantities should be given in accordance with the International System of Units (SI).
9.2. Units of measurement should be separated from symbols and figures to which they belong.
A sample of the article.
10. The order of reviewing articles
10.1. Received manuscripts are sent on the profile of scientific research to members of the Editorial Board or to other experts with the presence of positive respond of the editor in chief. The main evaluation criteria of manuscript by editor in chief are: originality of the content, high quality, scientific rigor and interest to a wide audience of readers.
10.2. If necessary, by the decision of the chief editor, third-party professionals who have academic degree and (or) academic status can be involved in the review.
10.3. Articles of members of the editorial board of the journal written alone or in co-authorship are not reviewed.
10.4. Professionals working in the same institution where the work performed are not involved in reviewing.
10.5. Reviewers are informed about the fact that the manuscripts are private ownership of authors and refer to the information not to be publicized.
10.6. Reviewer is not allowed to make copies of the articles for his needs.
10.7. The author of reviewed article has the opportunity to read a text of review.
10.8. If the recension of this article includes an indication of the need to correct it, it will be sent to the author for revision. In this case, the date of the article submision to the editorial office will be the date of the article return.
10.9. If there is a disagreement with the reviewer's opinion the author has the right to give a reasoned response to editorial office of the journal. The article can be directed to the second review or for approval to the editorial board.
10.10. The decision about the expediency of publishing after reviewing is taken by the editor in chief, if necessary – by editorial board.
11. Editorial policy
11.1. Editors reserve the right for reduction and inconsiderable edition of articles with preservation of the main conclusions and author’s stylistics. Personality of reviewers of each separate article under any circumstances can’t be disclosed to the author or to third party. Materials provided by authors to print in the journal “Bulletin of Uman National University of Horticulture” can’t be published in other periodicals, books or collections of conference proceedings.
11.2. Responsibility for the accuracy of facts, citations, proper names, geographical names, names of companies and organizations, and other information have the authors of the articles. The opinions expressed in these articles don’t necessarily coincide with the point of view of editorial board of the journal. The author is responsible for existence of plagiarism.
11.3. Reprint or translation of articles is permitted only by agreement of editor office and author. The advertiser is responsible for the content of advertisements.
11.4. Editors reserve the right to return to the author manuscript of the article, which, according to the editorial board, is not suitable for publication in the journal “Bulletin of Uman National University of Horticulture” without explaining the reasons for such decision.
11.5. Articles published in the journal “Bulletin of Uman National University of Horticulture” within 10 days after the publication of the regular edition issue will be available as PDF-files on the website of the journal. Thus, all visitors will be able to read these articles at any time. This provides authors with the opportunity to submit to scientific community the results of their own researches.
12.1. After the acceptance of article for publication the author indefinitely grants copyright to the journal article.
ATTENTION! Handover of the article to the editorial office (by all means) in order to publish it, automatically means consent of the author(s) with terms in the license agreement.
12.2. All exclusive rights remain in authors of articles.